Thursday, August 6, 2009

Distinguished Harvard Professor, Mean Police Officer, and Nice Mr. Obama! Oh my!

Hey:

Now, I mentioned in one of my earlier posts that I would try to tackle the huge mess of the Harvard Prof. and the police officer. I did my research, like I promised and here it is...

Well, as I understand it, Henry Lou Gates (the black Harvard Prof.) was, according to this abcnews blog, trying to "pry his door open" which resulted in a neighbor calling the police thinking it was a robbery.

"Cambridge police say they responded to the well-maintained two-story home after a woman reported seeing "two black males with backpacks on the porch," with one "wedging his shoulder into the door as if he was trying to force entry."
By the time police arrived, Gates was already inside. Police say he refused to come outside to speak with an officer, who told him he was investigating a report of a break-in."

"Why, because I'm a black man in America?" Asked Gates, according to a police report written by Sgt. James Crowley

Gates...initially refused to show the officer his identification, but then gave him a Harvard University ID card, according to police.
"Gates continued to yell at me, accusing me of racial bias and continued to tell me that I had not heard the last of him," the officer wrote.
Gates said he turned over his driver's license and Harvard ID — both with his photos — and repeatedly asked for the name and badge number of the officer, who refused. He said he then followed the officer as he left his house onto his front porch, where he was handcuffed in front of other officers, Gates said in a statement released by his attorney, fellow Harvard scholar Charles Ogletree, on a Web site Gates oversees, TheRoot.com
He was arrested on a disorderly conduct charge after police said he "exhibited loud and tumultuous behavior." He was released later that day on his own recognizance. An arraignment was scheduled for Aug. 26.
abcnews.com>

Well, isn't that wonderful! See, this what I don't get, everyone HAS to bring race into it. Ya know, if we were all colorblind (which we should be!!!!), this sort of thing wouldn't be turned into such a humongous "scandal." Gates is all, "It's race, it's race!" Oh, really? I'm tired of hearing him whine about that "big, mean" police officer. He was doing his job, and I side 150% with Sgt. Crowley. Good for you! You and the other men are great examples of good police work. So, yea for you!
Also, it actually kinda bothers me that Gates had the nerve to say "Because I'm a black man in America." What does being black in America have to do with being arrested. I couldn't care less if you had purple and blue stripes for skin, and your eyes were made out of cotton candy. There you go with the race thing again. But, I think it's really the whole "in America" part. You know what, if you don't like America, go over to Africa or China or go see Kim Jong for a spell and see how awful America is. Same for anyone else who says America's this "land of inequality" or whatever pointy-headed comments you can come up with.


Point 2#

Obama, good ol' Obama, had to get involved. Well, I was hoping (not really, but just kind of) maybe he could look at it fairly instead of judge it by color. Nope! Instead, he calls the actions of the police officers "stupid." Oh, really? It's stupid to do their job? Well, I guess it's stupid for teachers to show up at school, and for security to show up at special events. Hey, I guess he's trying to tell us, "The economy's down the toilet, let's just not do our jobs because that's stupid." Thank you, Barack H. Obama! See, now I don't even need to go to college. Hey mom and dad, I guess we can go to Disney World now. Oh, wait, operating the rides is probably stupid.


By now I'm all ticked off, so then he holds another press conference and then I found this article.
Below............................................ (but I attached the link if you want to read the original article)

In a surprise appearance before the White House press corps, President Barack Obama said Friday he had called the officer who arrested Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates, Jr., and told him he did not mean to malign the Cambridge Police Department.
Obama’s announcement came less than three hours after leaders of several Massachusetts police unions assembled in Cambridge in a show of support for Sgt. James Crowley and called for an apology from the President for calling the arrest “stupid.”
Obama said he could have “calibrated my words differently” in referring during a press conference Wednesday evening to the events surrounding the arrest of the African-American historian by the white police officer.
Obama related that during his five-minute conversation with Crowley, he expressed that both Crowley and Gates had over-reacted when Crowley came to Gates’ house to investigate a report of a break-in.
The president denied that he should have not made his earlier comments on the incident, saying that it was the president’s job to work to improve race relations.



It's about time he apologizes! Was it really his place anyways to call someone or something "stupid?" I think not!
You notice he gets all defensive and is all, "calibrated my words differently." No, I don't think so. You said it loud a clear. Yes, of course, we elected you to improve race relations. Not because people liked your politics, or *cough* skin color. Gosh no! (Please, don't hit me for saying the truth!)


Point 3#

Then, just to make sure the three dudes were all cool with each other, he decides to invite to the White House to have beer in the Rose Garden. Golly gee, I'm so glad they're all chummy chummy with each other! It's so nice that he could take time out from the failing economy, and the health-care reform to have some Bud in the garden. Another thing, did you notice the White House folks described them as the "distinguished police officer and the police officer who arrested him?" the description thingy was found here

They've been trying to mark this as a "learning experience" and whatnot. But to me, it just seems like it's Obama the Shepherd trying to bring the two herds together. Plus, how is this a learning experience? What are we learning? The big mean white guys are out to get the small, meek African-Americans? (wouldn't want to offend anyone with any other terms, would we now?) Yeah, that's great. Can't wait to see this story in the social studies (never history, of course. where did history go?) textbooks...


Well, I wonder how much I've offended people. Hmm, I'm probably pretty good at that.
Wait, before you go...
I have to include the picture though...
I hate to see my guy Pooh Bear next to Obama. But the two do look a lot alike. AAAHHHH!

Love, Palin, and Crowder...
-Conservative Teen-







No comments: