Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Stephanie Pratt has little chicken legs

Hey again:
Heh, aren't you lucky, two posts in one day!

Tonight, it's reason #568 (or close to it) why I hate Hollywood.

The case: Stephanie Pratt. Besides the fact that her brother is a total ding-dong, have you seen how skinny she is now?

Need evidence?



The pic on the top was in July and the one on the bottom was taken in November.
Her thighs are as big as my sister's, and she's 10!
I get so sick of Hollywood trying to make us feel bad about ourselves if we have meat on our bones. I'm careful what I eat, I exercise, and I'm not stick thin. Pardon me for not wanting to starve myself or purge.
What is with this need to have little stick thin legs? I have this marvelous thing called muscle on my arms. $10 says Stephanie Pratt can't even lift five pounds. If you're that  skinny, that's sad. There is no need to be so skinny, unless you have a really awesome metabolism. Then you're off the hook. :)

I really hate these so-called "role models." How about people who A) have contributed something worthwhile to soceity and B) don't dediate their lives to weighing less than 110 pounds.

Ah, just my 'pinion.
-CT-         

2 comments:

Brenna said...

Well, you have to keep in mind that some people who are that skinny seriously have mental illnesses. Though they do still have a choice, it's very hard to fight it.

I read on Wikipedia (Which is, of course, not the most reliable source) that Pratt struggled with bulimia. Whether or not this is true, actors are very pressured to be thin. I doubt she just woke up one day and thought, "Oh hey, I'm going to starve myself, throw up everything I eat, lose a whole bunch of weight, fit into a size double zero, and be really thin!"

The media and pressure to be thin can get the best of us "normal," non-famous people, too. Although I have never, ever purged a single time in my life, and am pretty sure that I never will, I've often felt the need to be thin, and have temporarily stopped eating a couple times. I'm a healthy weight, and am currently fine with that, but it's still something very difficult to go through.

Not trying to bash what you said or anything- I definitely don't think that being stick thin is a good thing. But things like these aren't always as simple as they seem on the surface.

Conservative Teen said...

Exactly, and I agree, simply what I am implying is that she is not a good role model for girls. Sure, I have more than one thing I dislike about my body, but I'm not starving myself. All I'm saying is what she looks like is not the norm, and girls don't need to think it is. I mean, it's not easy to be that skinny, seriously.
I agree, most of them probably are not fully right in the mind. Maybe...